Exercise is one of the most effective ways to improve your overall health. Regular physical activity not only improves your mood, function, and sleep, but it also lowers your risk of developing a variety of chronic conditions. Working out for at least 150 minutes per week, which can be moderate-intensity aerobic exercise or any activity that elevates your resting heart rate, is recommended. Two muscle-strengthening activities that make your muscles work harder than normal are recommended as part of your weekly activity, in addition to cardiovascular exercise. We will discuss the must have fitness equipments at home.
Due to surge in corona cases and it’s come back every year , gyms are closed. But this should not keep you from your dream body. Also, checkout our blog on various types of proteins and choose the best for yourself.
FITNESS EQUIPMENTS TO HAVE AT HOME
Here are a set of basic and affordable fitness equipments which would not let you miss on your health:
- Jump rope : Jumping rope is a wonderful cardiovascular workout that gets your heart racing. When the weather isn’t conducive to going for a walk or jog outside, a jump rope might be a wonderful indoor cardio alternative. Jumping rope is a low-impact exercise that may be done by people of all fitness levels. There are numerous methods to incorporate equipment-free cardio into your daily routine at home. Jumping rope is a fun, old-fashioned way to raise your heart rate quickly. Jump rope also strengthens your arms, shoulders, core, and legs.
- Mats : During your workout, mats can protect your back and joints from hard surfaces. For floor-based workouts like yoga, core strengthening, and a stretching cooldown after your workout, mats give a layer of padding. An exercise or yoga mat, at its most basic (literally), makes floor activities far more comfortable, whether you’re doing abs on your back or push-ups on your knees. If you’re working out on a hard floor, a thicker mat will provide extra cushioning. Furthermore, utilising a mat ensures that you have at least one rectangle of workout-specific space. You can even take your training outside by bringing your mat to the beach or backyard.
- Dumbbells : Dumbbells are available in a variety of weights and patterns. Choose weights that are a little more difficult and keep them on hand. You may cuddle up during a commercial break on TV or use first thing in the morning. When it comes to at-home workouts, a set of dumbbells provides up a world of possibilities: Use them for isolated strength exercises like bicep curls, or hold them during complex exercises to increase resistance.
- Resistance Bands : Resistance bands can help you gain strength and tone in your muscles. They are portable, light, and take up little room, making them ideal for business or vacation. Resistance bands, in particular, are an excellent way to increase the difficulty of lower-body exercises. Try some glute bridges, side squats, or clamshells with a band around your ankles or under your knees to take your glute workout to the next level.
- Stability Ball: This piece of equipment will help you strengthen your core, which is vital for your low back’s wellness. Stronger back and abdominal muscles will also help you maintain your balance and stability as you age, allowing you to move securely and confidently. Stability balls aren’t exactly little gym equipment, but they’re a nice addition (especially if you like doing at-home Pilates or yoga). They’re also a great technique to work your abs because they put your stability to the test.